Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
Updated: Apr 30
Did someone say Valentine’s Day??? We all know Valentine’s is less of a romantic holiday nowadays and more of an excuse to eat indulgent chocolate (however, a combination of both is pretty great too). I’m quite excited about this super Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge. Disclaimer: I'll be alone and treating myself to a piece, or 5, on Thursday before Jack comes into town for the weekend! Only time will tell if leftovers remain…(Sorry Jack).
Does anyone else miss how Valentine’s was celebrated as 5- 10 year olds? Hours spent picking out candy grams, personally addressing one to every classmate (adding an extra smiley face for your current crush), and going on a sugar hiatus after classroom celebrations? THE best!
I have to say, I still love Valentine’s day. Something about all the love in air just makes the world look…happier. Plus, more excuses to eat chocolate (Not that you needed one anyway).
Fudge is the ultimate form of chocolate. Add some peanut butter to that, and WOW power combo! This Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Fugde is sooo indulgent, but not overly sweet or heavy. Although I said there may not be leftovers before Jack’s arrival, I have to say, a piece or two is completely satisfying (not that I couldn’t easily eat way more).
I used 85% dark chocolate because my preference is-the darker the better! However, if this is too bitter for your liking, feel free to use anything above 60% dark chocolate. The berries on top are completely optional, but I love the punch and acidity they add to all that decadence.
I hope you, and maybe your Valentine (if you share) enjoy this decadent and guilt-free Valentine’s Day treat!
Yields: About 12 pieces
Time: 10 minutes to prep, plus 2 hours in fridge
6 oz dark chocolate (I used 85%)
1 tbs Coconut oil
1 1/2 tbs Peanut butter
1/4 c Almond milk
1 tsp Vanilla extract
3 tbs Peanut butter powder (Can sub extra 1 1/2 tbs peanut butter)
1/4 tsp sea salt (plus more for flaking on top)
1/4 c Raspberries and Blueberries (Optional)
1. Begin by lining a square baking dish or plastic container with parchment paper (The size of your dish is preference for how thick you want your fudge- I used a square, shallow tupperware container).
2. In a medium sauce pan, add the dark chocolate and coconut oil over low heat. Stir until both are melted and fully combined.
3. Add the peanut butter, almond milk, vanilla extract, peanut butter powder, and sea salt. Keep stirring over low heat until all are combined and the fudge takes on a thick texture.
4. After fully melted and combined, spoon the fudge into your dish with the parchment paper. Spread out evenly for desired thickness of fudge.
5. Sprinkle with extra sea salt and top with berries if you choose
6. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. After, use a sharp knife to cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator of freezer.